This is intended as a general guideline. Follow this and you’re very unlikely to find yourself in a situation where discplinary action will be taken.
We will be updating this regularly as needed.
Latest update: 07-13-2020
Always try to promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. That will make it enjoyable for everyone to hang out on CoolNation.
We do encourage freedom of expression, as well as the continuous exchange of information – in a mature and responsible manner.
Be mindful that this is the internet. Nothing ever truly vanishes!
“You can never make the same mistake twice because the second time it’s not a mistake it’s a choice”
“Behaviour is the mirror in which everyone shows their image” – J.W.v.Goethe
“Relationships never die a natural death. They are always murdered by attitude, behavior, ego or ignorance”
We have attempted, to the best of our ability, to make comprehensive list of rules and guidelines that needs to be followed when you are participating on CoolNation.com. We recognize that it can be difficult to have an online presence, but believe in your individual ability to moderate yourself. That being said, we reserve the right to have our moderation team terminate any and all accounts, remove content, etc. without prior notice or reasoning provided. However you are always welcome to ask for the reasoning.
We expect our community members to uphold great ethics and morality, and as such, this list is merely the absolute minimum that we expect from our community. Instructions from our moderators and admins must ALWAYS be followed, failure to do so, will result in disciplinary action.
We DO NOT allow:
– Harassment, discrimination, namecalling or abuse of any kind.
— This includes insults and accusations (fanboy, troll, shill etc).
– Pornography, sexually explicit or illegal content.
– Thread dumping (posting a thread in the wrong section). Make sure to take note of the forum subsection, before posting.
– Condescending posts. (Example: accusations of “Go Google it!” and similar)
– Post Count upping (f.ex. “F”, “Same” and similar).
– AMA Threads (Except authorized by Moderators and/or Admins)
– Shortened links (bit.ly etc) without consent of moderators
– Trolling or flame-bait.
— Including topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, “company X sucks”, and political or religious debates.
– No affiliate links
– Twitch/Youtube links are only allowed where relevant. Not “See this, lulz!” posts.
– Begging for free or discounted things, asking for donations, GoFundMes, or any similar content.
– Any discussion on piracy, having or cracking is disallowed.
– Redistribution of copyrighted software, including links to third party hosting sites.
– You may only have one active account, unless explicitly permitted by Admin team.
We, like anyone, value privacy online and offline. That’s why we also have some ethical guidelines in place concerning privacy.
We will NOT accept:
– Posting of other people’s personal information (including, but absolutely not limited to: email, RL names etc.) without their explicit consent.
– Posting of personally identifiable information pertaining to anyone under the age of 18, including yourself.
To keep things clean, here’s our thoughts on signatures:
– We don’t want images or shortened links. Keep it text only. Unless you have explicit accept from the moderation team.
– Some exceptions apply; such as PCPartPicker lists. Contact the moderation team for case by case evaluation.
The art of Moderation and Banning is a thin line to walk. Therefore please understand that:
– We do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. Neither should you. If you take offense or have an issue, contact a moderator or admin.
– Backseat moderation is not cool. If you take offense in something, contact a moderator. This includes, but is not limited to, comments such as “Spam”, “OT” or “Advertising”.
– If you ever have issues with moderation, please contact the admin at: firstname.lastname@example.org